It's always nice to feel like someone's 'got your back' and is there to support you, lend an ear or be ‘real’ with you when you need it.
That's how I see Life Coaching. Life Coaching is not counselling, so whilst the process of life coaching may include a review of what’s come before, it doesn't keep its focus there.
Life Coaching quite simply, focuses on how to get from a negative state to a positive one. This is achieved by working with empirically proven Positive Psychology tools and techniques, in conjunction with your own motivation to achieve your ambitions.
The aim of life coaching is to help you feel heard, understood, sometimes challenged and always supported in your quest to transform a part of your life that's no longer working for you.
Counselling is incredible, and a genuine gift to society. In a world where people feel increasingly isolated, being able to speak to a counsellor, can be profoundly healing. With counselling however, the aim is usually to address an issue that is creating emotional disharmony. The sessions may not be structured towards a specific direction but simply flow in a manner that’s guided by one’s current emotional state.
Life coaching on the other hand, tends to have a direction that is brought about by recognising that one would like to change or improve an area of concern, and then systematically works towards achieving that goal. The transformative power of effective life coaching can be equally as therapeutic as counselling but with the added benefit of understanding oneself better, learning practical tools to build resilience and as a result, one can find themselves in a state of flourishing – living life in a way that feels authentic and meaningful.
The remit of Life Coaching is unlimited - one can work with a life coach to enhance their career, change a habit, achieve a personal goal, enhance performance (work/sports/personal), or to simply get aligned with your true self and finding a path in life that brings you meaning and happiness.
Qualifications & memberships:
• I hold a certified Life Coaching Diploma with the CPCAB (Counselling and Psychotherapy Central Awarding Body)
• I voluntarily adhere to the BACP (British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy) Code of Ethics and Conduct
• Continued Professional Development is part of my regular activities to enhance my offering to clients and to deepen my knowledge
• I have both Counselling and Life Coaching Training as well as a Degree in Psychology
• It's important to me that you feel valued, welcome, respected and at ease in your work with me
• My intention is to create an environment in which you feel safe, supported and understood
• Compassion and empathy are core values which guide my working practice
HOW Coaching CAN HELP YOU:
• Increasing Confidence, Motivation & Meaning
• Relieving Mild Anxiety & Depression
• Stress Reduction
• Career Coaching
• Relationship Resolution
• Implementing a Mindfulness and Meditation Practice
Please complete the enquiry form on the CONTACT page and I will be in touch within 24 hours to introduce myself and have a chat about your requirements for coaching.